Many thanks to the foundations that support us!
Misericordia is proud to partner with more than 250 foundations that share our mission.
We invite you to find out more about how you can become part of Misericordia through outright grants, challenge grants, matching grants and in-kind donations.
Every year, Misericordia receives support from private and family foundations, corporate foundations, healthcare foundations, and foundations that are part of professional sports teams and local townships. They help us offer our residents a variety of home-like settings and the highest-quality programs so they can live lives that are as independent as possible.
Ways to Help
Unrestricted foundation grants provide critical funding for general operations to close the gap
between Misericordia’s program costs and funding from the state of Illinois.
Restricted grants support programs that include:
- Art Studios and Workshops
- Donovan Dental Clinic
- On- and off-campus employment
- Speech, occupational and speech therapies
- Developmental Training programs
- Social and recreational activities
Grants also are crucial to Misericordia’s ongoing needs to purchase equipment, especially
for physical and occupational therapy, and to break ground on new construction projects.
Incentive giving programs that include challenge and matching grants enable us to acquire new donors
and to encourage current donors to increase their giving.
Foundations that Support Misericordia
Some of the more than 250 local and national foundations that provide support to Misericordia include:
- G.A. Ackermann Memorial Fund – Provides grants to support a variety of residences and programs, including Mother McAuley Skilled Nursing Facility and Misericordia Therapy Programs
- AT&T Foundation – Provides grants to support the Work Opportunity Program in Misericordia’s Hearts and Flour Bakery
- Helen V. Brach Foundation – Provides unrestricted support to fund residential settings and day programmingThe Coleman Foundation – Provides support for programs including the Quinlan Terrace Residences for our aging population
- Patrick and Anna M. Cudahy Foundation – Provides unrestricted support for residential settings and day programming
- George M. Eisenberg Foundation for Charities – Provides grant support for programs that include the Quinlan Terrace Residences
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Foundation – Provides capital support for the Quinlan Terrace Residences and unrestricted grants for a variety of residential options and day programming
- Robert R. McCormick Foundation – Provides support for programs and residences, including the Quinlan Terrace Residences
- Mills Family Foundation – Provides unrestricted support and grants for events, including Family Fest
- Polk Bros. Foundation – Provides grant support for Community Integrated Living Arrangements (CILAs) and staff salaries
- Dr. Scholl Foundation – Provides support for programs that include Misericordia Therapy Programs
- The Walsh Foundation – Provides support for the Quinlan Terrace Residences and unrestricted grants for other residential options and day programs
- Chicago Dental Society - Provides support for the on-campus Donovan Dental Clinic at Misericordia
For More Information
If you would like to learn more about Misericordia’s Foundation Relations Program, please contact
Martha Floberg, Development Officer