• Building raised flower-beds designed for individuals in wheelchairs to
• Organizing a dress down day at school to raise funds for the programs at
• Working side by side residents in the art department and bakery work
• Preparing Misericordia residents for Special Olympics
• Attending outings to Bulls, Sox and Cubs games with residents
Volunteer Opportunities are available throughout the year, culminating in our Misericordia Candy Days. Traditionally held the last weekend in April, thousands of volunteers hit the sidewalks, streets and store fronts to hand out information about Misericordia and Jelly Belly jelly beans in exchange for donations. Candy Days is not limited to those two days alone! Many of our Junior Board members have organized events within their schools to raise funds in addition to recruiting their friends and school groups to put on aprons and help out!
We invite you to share in the beauty of life and the mission of Misericordia by coming for a tour of our campus to see first hand the opportunities available. If you would like to join us, click here to download an application, Fill it out and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in becoming and advisor, please contact Jenny Frain at email@example.com or 773-273-4160
Click here for upcoming opportunities!