Persons with a Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Sociology, Psychology, etc. and one year experience working with persons with mental disabilities would be qualified for this challenging and rewarding position.
A QMRP is responsible for ensuring that quality care is provided for a specific group of residents with mental disabilities (varies between 12 and 15 residents).
The QMRP assumes responsibility for developing an Individualized Program Plan for his/her assigned residents. The program addresses the resident's physical, psychological, social, religious, educational/vocational and recreational needs. Needs and goals are identified through assessments and a program is planned to meet needs and goals identified. It is the QMRP's responsibility to ensure that all staff working with the resident are knowledgeable about the program, understand their role in helping the residents achieve their goals and are actively carrying out the prescribed interventions. The QMRP holds and documents regular meetings with the staff to ensure that all areas of the Individual Program Plan are being addressed.
The QMRP is also responsible for progress reports on each intervention and documents each treatment; summarizes progress monthly and quarterly and produces an annual staffing summary.
The QMRP assumes a major supervisory role in that he/she supervises:
Experience as a QMRP helps an individual develop skills in:
- The residents daily routine consistent with residential practices, individual activity schedules and individual program plans;
- The work performance and work behavior of assigned staff;
- The condition of the home/residential unit;
- The self-administration of medications if applicable;
- The purchasing, receiving and utilization of supplies, materials, food and equipment needed; and
- Meal planning and preparation with attention to special diets as indicated.
Since we are a residential facility open twenty-four hours per day seven days per week flexible hours are arranged. The QMRP basically can determine his/her own schedule based on the needs of the residents and the other staff in the residential area. Since staff supervision is a major responsibility, each week's schedule should include some morning and some evening shifts. At least four weekend days per month should be included in the schedule to allow ample supervision as well as participation in social and recreational opportunities with the residents. Special days off can be arranged as needed.
Skills acquired in this position could qualify a QMRP for the following Career Advancement opportunities at Misericordia:
Misericordia can offer qualified applicants:
- Advanced supervisory positions (e.g., responsibility for more than one home/residential unit.
- Managerial positions; Program Directors
- Personal and professional fulfillment;
- Beautiful surroundings and attractive work environment; and
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Excellent benefits which include:
- 70% employer paid health insurance;
- Employer paid dental insurance;
- Employer paid pension plan;
- Employer paid disability and life insurance;
- Partial tuition reimbursement; and
- 401K Plan Available (401K Retirement Savings Plan)
The most significant benefit Misericordia can offer qualified applicants is the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of persons who are unable to create a good world for themselves.